What is Workplace Giving?
Workplace giving is when employees make small, regular donations from their pre-tax pay. It’s simple, low cost and extremely effective. You can also boost the impact of your Workplace Giving program as a business through donation matching or fundraising activities.
- Employers enjoy greater staff engagement, retention, productivity, reputation and social impact
- Employees give in a smarter, tax-effective way and build a sense of pride in their employer
- Workplace giving doesn’t affect an employee’s superannuation and payroll tax calculations like salary sacrificing. Workplace giving reduces the donor’s PAYG liability but it doesn’t decrease their gross income
- Charities get low-cost, regular funds, and strong partnerships
How it Works
- Staff Opt-In or Opt-Out:
- Your existing staff will need to opt in
- New employees sign up to donate a small amount via their ‘Offer of Employment’ letter, unless they tick the ‘opt out’ box
- Employee completes and submits donation form
- All current payroll systems or accounting software can facilitate workplace giving. The set-up process is straightforward – similar to a SMSF or health fund
- Set charity partners up as suppliers in payroll system
- Payments are made to the charity as part of each payrun
- If you plan on doing donor matching, determine when matching funds will be transferred to charity partners
Why Support RHPT?
Restoring Hope Parkinson’s Therapy aims to provide therapy to people living with Parkinson’s to improve their quality of life, without concern for cost. By supporting us through regular donations, you will enable people to access therapy through a ‘Pay it Forward’ model, regardless of their financial situation.